Let’s play a phrase affiliation recreation. What’s the very first thing you consider after I say, “Dehydrator”?
Lengthy-term meals storage? Survival meals? Fruit leather-based? Beef jerky? Craft tasks?
Wait – “Craft tasks?” From a meals dehydrator? What sort of craft tasks can probably use a meals dehydrator?
Fairly a couple of, really. Listed here are 10 concepts* to get you began.
- Dried apples aren’t only for consuming. Slice apples into rings, mud with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired, and dehydrate. String them onto a size of jute wire, alternating with different dehydrated fruits, nuts, cinnamon sticks, and colourful strips of fabric tied in bows. Tie a knot in every finish of the wire or tie ends collectively. Dangle it on a wall, above a door or window, over a curtain rod. Drape it on a mantel or shelf.
- Fill a big ornamental jar with dehydrated fruits, nuts, berries, flowers, and cornhusks. Seal it with a tight-fitting lid. Set it on a mantel, hutch, or desk for a country look.
- Do not throw out your flower bouquets! Dehydrate them whereas they nonetheless have shade, then use them in preparations, wreaths, or potpourri. You possibly can dry the entire flower or simply the petals.
- Costume up your yard sale, bazaar, or craft sale gadgets. Tie dried flowers with a little bit of ribbon or twine, then set them in a vase, pitcher, or crock. Mason jars may maintain such treasures as home-made path combine, dried fruit slices, and yogurt taffy. A fairly bowl would possibly maintain potpourri.
- Glue dehydrated flowers, nuts, fruit, and seed pods onto wooden letters, then paint if desired. Connect the letters to a wooden base for stability. Spell out your title for a novel desk plaque. Use thicker items of wooden for particular person, stand-alone letters.
- Use your dehydrator as a fast approach to dry papier mache, clay figures, or plaster-of-paris. Tip: Chances are you’ll need to line the underside of your dehydrator with parchment paper sheets or a tray liner for straightforward clean-up.
- Dough artwork is a enjoyable approach to get the entire household into crafting! With a fundamental recipe and somewhat creativeness, you’ll be able to prove dozens of dough ornaments, plaques, and figures – excellent for any event! Utilizing your dehydrator prevents the cracking, baking, breaking, and browning that may occur within the oven. When your work is dry, it is able to be painted and sealed.
- Make your personal edible cake decorations upfront. Pipe frosting onto strong tray liners or plastic wrap sheets, then dehydrate. Have flowers, swirls, ropes, and dots prepared whenever you want them!
- A plain wooden body turns into a murals whenever you connect dehydrated gadgets to it. Customise the body to enrich the image it is going to maintain.
- Dehydrated citrus fruits – oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit – make attention-grabbing decorations. Skinny slices tied with gold or silver wire will be held on a Christmas tree or in a window. Use entire fruits as candle holders, paint or carve whimsical faces on them, or set them out as air fresheners. You possibly can even use the rinds to make small dolls and animals.
With the yard gross sales and festivals of summer season, the bazaars and craft gross sales of autumn, and the vacations of winter, now is a good time to be crafting. What can be your subsequent venture?
*A few of these gadgets could also be giant, requiring removeable trays and door for optimum drying area. Be certain of your dehydrator’s capability and capabilities earlier than starting your venture.